KNOXVILLE, Tenn. June 28, 2010
Sea Ray Boats has released the final lineup of musical acts to perform at the AquaPalooza 2010 Signature Event, which is scheduled for Saturday, July 10, at The Reserve at Lake Travis near Austin, Texas. As announced previously, the event, hosted by Sea Ray and its local dealer Sail & Ski Center, will have Brad Paisley headlining in front of a crowd of thousands of concert-goers on boats.
The opening acts will begin at noon on Saturday and will continue until Paisley takes the stage at 5 p.m. Following is the list of performers in order of appearance:
1. AquaPalooza Battle of the Bands Winner - Sea Ray and Sail & Ski present the winner of the AquaPalooza Battle of the Bands. The winning act will be chosen on Friday, July 9, at The Reserve at Lake Travis by a panel of music industry veterans. The Battle of the Bands begins at noon and is open to all boaters that come by water; this is the perfect time for people to join the rafting grid for Saturday's festivities. There will also be entertainment on land throughout the day on Friday, and music on the main stage until 7:30 p.m.
2. Matt Stillwell - In this age of American Idol and viral videos, Matt Stillwell has managed to build his following the old-fashioned way one city, one club and one crowd at a time. With the release of his new album, Shine Deluxe, fans nationwide can experience the magic that this up-and-comer brings to bear every time he steps in front of a microphone. Stillwells first album, Shine, charted the single of the same name and saw serious radio play for the single Rain. He has performed at the Academy of Country Music Awards and is the host of Shine Fest, an annual two-day summer music festival in his beloved North Carolina. www.mattstillwell.net
3. Joanna Smith - She might have grown up on "Cherokee Rose Ranch," her family's working farm in the small southern Georgia town of Crestview Unincorporated, but Joanna Smith had Music City aspirations at an early age. As a child, she would sleep with a Playskool tape player listening to The Judds, Patty Loveless, Patsy Cline, Keith Whitley, KT Oslin and James Taylor. By 18, she had left behind a full scholarship at Auburn University to be the lead singer in an all-girl band in Nashville, only to be fired after the first week. Despite no industry connections in a new city Smith landed a gig at the legendary Toosie's, where she still performs after nearly four years. That experience established her as a seasoned live performer and landed her a label deal with Columbia Nashville. Smith has just finished recording her first studio record, of which she wrote seven of the eight songs. www.myspace.com/joannasmith
4. Lee Brice - When Lee Brice entered the country music consciousness with the hit She Ain't Right in 2007, his rugged sound spoke for a new generation of Nashville recording artists. As follow-up singles Happy Endings and Love Like Crazy have climbed the charts, Brice has continued to alter the landscape of country with images inspired by the Carolina backcountry where he was raised. Brice has also proven himself as a gifted songwriter, with cuts by Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton and Garth Brooks to his credit. His recently released album Pictures of Me alternately flows like a stream of memory and pounds like the tide along the Carolina shore. www.leebrice.com
5. Jerrod Niemann - Hot new recording artist Jerrod Niemann is a fresh voice on the country music airwaves, and the Kansas native is climbing the Top 10 with his groove-filled smash, Lover, Lover, from his Sea Gayle/Arista Nashville major label debut album, Judge Jerrod & The Hung Jury, releasing July 13. Refreshingly creative, the album's 20 tracks weave eight personality-packed skits alongside a dozen songs, 10 of which were written or co-written by Niemann (who also co-wrote the Garth Brooks hit, Good Ride Cowboy). www.jerrodniemannofficial.com
6. Brad Paisley - Country music superstar and Grand Ole Opry member Brad Paisley is a consummate singer, songwriter, guitarist and entertainer, which has earned him three Grammy's, 13 Academy of Country Music Awards and 13 Country Music Association Awards. Paisley has released eight critically acclaimed studio albums and has accumulated sales of over 10 million units. His most recent album, American Saturday Night, was ranked as Time magazine's best album of 2009 in any genre of music. Paisley's current summertime hit, Water, is his 17th No. 1 single the last 13 consecutive. Paisley's innovative and entertaining tours have consistently placed in the Top 5 in Pollstar for attendance, and his 2009 American Saturday Night tour played to nearly 1.2 million fans in eight months. His current tour is H2O World Tour and continues through the fall. bradpaisley.com
AquaPalooza has become synonymous with great music and great times on the water, said Rob Noyes, vice president of marketing for Sea Ray. We're very excited to have a performer of Brad Paisley's caliber headlining this year's Signature Event, along with a great supporting cast of new and rising country music stars.
Lake Travis is located in the beautiful Texas hill country, a short drive from both Austin and San Antonio. We're proud to have been chosen to host the Signature Event. Its a great opportunity to show the world what Lake Travis has to offer, said Buzz Watkins, co-owner of Sail & Ski, which has locations in Austin, Lakeway and San Antonio, and was recently ranked the No. 1 dealer in North America by Boating Industry magazine.
Lake Travis is a gem among Texas lakes, with approximately 19,000 acres of crystal clear water and 250 miles of shoreline with countless unspoiled coves and creeks to explore. The lake offers 15 marinas and 11 public boat ramps, as well as numerous powerboat, houseboat and PWC rental facilities. The Signature Event will be held at Mile Marker 22 at The Reserve at Lake Travis, a new waterfront resort between the Pace Bend and Point Venture areas of the lake. The Reserve encompasses one of the nicest and most pristine points of land on Lake Travis, which will be perfect for an on-water event of this magnitude, Watkins explained. When completed, The Reserve's facilities will include a world-class marina restaurant and equestrian center, making it one of the premier home and boating resort areas in the Southwest.
This is a free event where your boat is your ticket, said Noyes. There will be no land access to the Signature Event. Sea Ray and Sail & Ski encourage anyone planning to attend the Signature Event to register, as this allows them to plan a great event and send out the most up-to-date information and instructions. Please note that registration does not guarantee a spot on the rafting line. The rafting line will be available on a first-come basis beginning at 7 a.m. on Friday, July 9. Once at the location, attendees will be able to enjoy on-site refreshments as well as land-based activities for the whole family.
Mark your calendars now for the most anticipated on-water boating bash of the summer. For more information and to register, please visit www.aquapalooza.com.
ABOUT SEA RAY Founded in 1959, Sea Ray is the worlds largest manufacturer of superior quality pleasure boats. Sea Ray is headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn., and operates as part of the Boat Group division of Brunswick Corporation. With more than 40 models ranging from 17 to 61 feet, Sea Ray makes a boat for every lifestyle each built with a unique commitment to quality, craftsmanship, and excellence throughout. Additional information about Sea Ray is available at www.searay.com.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., Brunswick Corporation endeavors to instill Genuine Ingenuity? in all its leading consumer brands, including Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrives and inboard engines; MotorGuide trolling motors; Attwood marine parts and accessories; Land 'N' Sea, Kellogg Marine, Diversified Marine and Benrock parts and accessories distributors; Arvor, Bayliner, Bermuda, Boston Whaler, Cabo Yachts, Crestliner, Cypress Cay, Harris, Hatteras, Lowe, Lund, Meridian, Ornvik, Princecraft, Quicksilver, Rayglass, Sea Ray, Sealine, Triton, Trophy, Uttern and Valiant boats; Life Fitness and Hammer Strength fitness equipment; Brunswick bowling centers, equipment and consumer products; Brunswick billiards tables and foosball tables. For more information, visit www.brunswick.com.
ABOUT SAIL & SKI
Founded in 1969, the Sail & Ski Center has developed into the Standard of Excellence in boat dealers. As an authorized dealership for Sea Ray boats, Nautiques by Correct Craft, Boston Whaler, South Bay pontoon boats, and Kawasaki Jet Skis, Sail & Ski's boat brands are of the finest quality and best-selling in central and south Texas. The dealership's pro shop features the top selection of the most recent water skis, Ronix wakeboards, Hyperlite Wakeboards, Liquid Force Wakeboards, tubes and summer clothing for all of its customers summer boating needs. For additional information, you can visit the Sail & Ski Center at any of its three Texas locations: Austin, San Antonio and Lakeway, or online at www.sailandski.com.