Yes, boat shows exist to show off boats, but their secondary function - dispensing valuable information - is nothing to scoff at. From the latest technology to the most pertinent safety tips, you'll find it all under that big, high roof. In addition to the rows of beautiful Sea Rays, keep your eyes open for:
• The newest in safety equipment. Whether it's a form-fitting life jacket or a state-of-the-art fire extinguisher, virtually all of the latest and the
greatest innovations are right there, just an easy stroll from all those pretty new boats.
• Riveting raffles. Drop in your name and you could win a new EPIRB, PFD or even a PWC. (Yes, there are plenty of non-acronymic
giveaways, too.) And freebies abound - watch for goodie bags.
• Those in the know. Also in attendance are organizations like the Coast Guard Auxiliary, handing out boating safety information, course
schedules and the like. Find out where you can go to brush up your captaining skills or volunteer your time.
• Legal eagles. The local and state marine police departments are usually well represented and available to help you understand the
laws in their particular areas of responsibility. And they've likely got some great stories to tell.
• A veritable boating encyclopedia. Groups like the National Weather Service, the Department of Environmental Protection and other key
sources of knowledge will be there with handouts and smiling faces, eager to keep you up-to-date and enable you to cruise safely and
Back to Maintenance Tips Selections