Sea Ray Owner & Foodie Influencer Shares Recipe: Chicken Cutlet Caprese Salad
Published on September 17, 2021
Sea Ray partnered with Gina Homolka, SLX owner and foodie influencer who runs and operates the blog Skinny Taste, to share a boating friendly recipe for those looking to cook up something delicious for their next outing on the water.
The Chicken Cutlet Caprese salad takes advantage of gorgeous in-season tomatoes and basil, lightly pan-fried chicken cutlets and fresh mozzarella.
Chicken Cutlet Caprese Salad
For the Pan-Fried Chicken Cutlets
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (16 oz)
2 large eggs or egg whites, beaten
1/2 + 2 TBSP cup seasoned breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
kosher salt and fresh pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
For the Platter
2 Heirloom tomatoes, diced
8 ounces fresh Bocconcini mozzarella halved
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
6 cups mixed baby greens
Simple Balsamic Dressing: Combine equal parts balsamic and extra virgin olive oil.
For the Chicken:
1. Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally so you end up with 4 thin pieces of chicken. Working with 1 piece of chicken at a time, pound chicken until 1/4-inch thick. Set aside and repeat with the remaining 3 pieces.
2. Season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste.
3. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. In another bowl beat eggs.
4. Dip cutlets in egg, then breadcrumbs.
5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. If cooking in two batches, add half of the butter and olive oil.
6. When butter melts, add the cutlets and cook about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat.
For the Platter:
Slice the chicken cutlets. Arrange the baby greens in the center of the platter. Place the chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil all round.
Cover tight with plastic and keep chilled.
Bring plates, utensils and serving spoons. Serve with vinaigrette.